Monday, May 4, 2009

New Ideas

I know I am blogging excessively today, but I am going to be leaving to go to Davis, CA to sell silk-screened t-shirts this coming weekend. I have been working on a new line of clothes. I have been sewing and silk-screening pockets and patches. They will be for sale up at the Gorge for the Dead shows May 15. I wanted to put up my latest development. As you may or may not know, I have been using 100 year old paper for my series of prints with hand painting. Although I love them for originality sake, and won't be discontinuing the idea, I wanted to also have an edition that was archival. They are going to be a lot more money, in the $50-$80 range. The old book pages will still be $25-$30. So I made photo-lithography's of original book pages onto acid free, cream paper, silkscreened them, and will be painting on them. I came across some fluorescent enamel paints at the thrift store and can't wait to use them! So check these out, the cream paper makes them seem like a real book page, but they aren't. And I reproduced it by soaking the paper and running it through a press. I can't wait!!!



No comments: