Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Teaching

Tomorrow I am teaching a class that is going to last for the month of January at a charter school for middle school children. My classes are going to be making a stop animation film (10 sec) with clay and digital cameras. I am a little nervous, as kids can be hard to get to focus. I am dividing the class of 20 into 5 groups, so they have to share clay and the sets within the group. If they get this done, they will learn how to import their pictures onto a Mac and create a video with it. They will then burn it onto a disc to take home. Hopefully this goes well! Lol. I have learned to have the steps carefully outlined so that they don't get distracted or stuck. I have also learned you can't be too rigid, because kids can come up with some unexpected creative ideas you didn't even think of. If I get any good results from this class I will post the video!

No comments: